In a search for moving tips? Perfect timing as you have arrived to the right page!
Check out our moving tips below:
- Select your move day or a range of dates two-four weeks in advance.
- Schedule movers and marked the confirmed move day in your calendar.
- Arrange for a cancelation of services such as newspapers, cable, land phone, utilities, pest control or lawn services a week before the moving day.
- Complete and send in your change of address forms a week before the move.
- Clean out storage, basement, and closets.
- Clean the stove and clean and defrost the fridge a day before your move.
- Check the owner’s manuals for any special moving instructions if you take large appliances with you.
- Important moving tip. Take care of hazardous materials: a moving company can not transport any hazardous materials (for example, bottled gases, propane tanks, gasoline or other flammables, firearms, ammunition, or explosives) by law.
- Keep your children’s favourite things as they may have difficulties with change of the move itself.
- Have a back up plan if you are planning to have friends and family help with the move.
- Connect with friends and neighbours to say goodbye before your move.
- Make snacks and have enough cash for the move day.
- Prepare and label a box for essentials or items that you will need immediately after the move. Ensure that this box is the last box that goes to the truck.
- Make a cleaning kit for the last clean up before your move out – dust cloth, broom, dust pan, and a mop.